Listen, I don’t know who you are or what kind of company you run, but I can assure you that there is at least one or two guys that you would fire immediately if you knew exactly what they were doing.
And that’s what Symbian monitoring software is for, to find out your employees’ true nature and get rid of those who are damaging your company or who present a potential threat to it. If you use it, I seriously recommend getting rid of the following:
- The one that steals from you. I can understand that a worker might take a pen or a notebook or something like that. But I’m talking about the ones that take boxes of pencils, pens, USBs, printing paper or any type of material that is clearly not an oversight. I’ve heard cases of employees who steal rolls of toilet paper! And of course, there are the ones that go straight for the money.
- The one that spends time out of the office without a reason. This one applies mostly to sales agents or delivery guys. They take advantage of their position to stop at the supermarket and get some groceries or they simply stop at Starbucks and get some coffee and relax, thinking they are clever for making you pay for doing nothing.
- The one that harasses women. There are two main variations of this one. The first one is the blatant one who makes women feel uncomfortable with very aggressive sexual advances and sexist comments. The other one, which is even more disturbing, is the one that knows how far he can go to imply his point without actually making women so uncomfortable that they want to confront him or tell you about it. In any case, they are a time-bomb that might get your company in trouble with the law.
- The one that wants to make friends. He’s the one that thinks that the workplace is a friendship club and acts accordingly. He’s hard to stop because he is often very likable. However, he spends a lot of time making friends and arranging social events, time that you’re paying him to do a job.
- The one who wastes time with the computer. He likes to spend time playing Angry Birds, Farmville or watching YouTube videos. In any case, I’m sure that’s not what you pay him for and he certainly deserves the boot and go home.
Unlike other types, like the drunk or the aggressive ones, these are actually very hard to detect. That is, unless you have Symbian monitoring software, in which case you can spot them and fire them right away.
This is a submitted article from Brian Coulter who is both an Expert and an Enthusiast about Smartphones. He Tests the Latest in Mobile Phone Hardware and Software and Shares His Views. He is also developer of Cell Phone Spy App.