The number of bloggers in the blogging community is continuously increasing since 2009. However, many unscrupulous individuals are creating malicious programs, scamming and spamming that impact any site. If you are maintaining a WordPress blog you should ensure that you are protected against from hackers by using security plugins.
It is not enough to set a strong alphanumeric password as it does not guarantee full security. There is a diverse range of security threats that may cost you a fortune in the future. When setting the WordPress blog security you should consider it as a lifetime commitment and not a one-time-deal. In this sense, all you have to do is look for good quality security plugins that can protect your WordPress blog against hackers. Here are some of the recommended security plugins that you can consider.
Best WordPress security plugins
1. Bullet Proof Security – This security plug-in protects important files against attacks from XSS, CRLF, RFI, CSRF, Code Injection, Base64 and SQL Injection.
2. WP Security Scan – It helps in scanning WordPress blog for any security threats and recommends corrective measures such as File permissions, passwords, version hiding, database security and WordPress admin security or protection.
3. Exploit Scanner – This security plugin searches the database and files as well as the comment and post system of the blog against any malicious threats.
4. Ultimate Security Checker – Using this security plugin helps in identifying security issues. Once the scanning is completed, it will award security grade depending on the security of the WordPress blog.
5. WP-DB-Backup – Another way of protecting your WordPress blog is by employing regular back up. It is also helpful in case the blog is hacked as this security plugin helps in restoring the WordPress blog. This plugin allows backing up the core WordPress database.
6. Chap Secure Login – While logging in particularly on an insecure channel, this security plugin protects the password along with SHA-256 hash algorithm.
7. Restricted Site Access – It prevents anyone to access the blog from a particular IP address. There are multiple options in handling blocked visitors.
8. Login Lock – This security plugin for WordPress blog encourages you to use strong password policies. It uses an emergency lockdown feature in blocking hacker IP Addresses and monitoring login attempts.
9. Limit Login Attempts – As the name implies, it limits the rate of login attempts for every IP address.
10. Akismet – This is the ultimate fighter that can protect your WordPress blog against spam. It blocks comment that is queued as spam.
Securing a robust WordPress blog is quite challenging but you need to do it to protect your blog against malicious attack. You should think about the lost revenue, down-time and lost trust from readers as well as lost integrity so that you will be convinced on investing in security plugins. Using security plugins will not only protect your blog but also your online presence. You should start investing and using a security plugin now otherwise you will suffer the consequences. It takes a lot of hard work establishing a blog thus you should not let spammers to damage your identity.
This is a guest post submitted by Kady Babs, a Certified Professional and freelance writer. At present attached with Pass certification. This is Best Source for HP HP0-S36 exam. You can try free demos of all certifications with 100% Risk Free and Guaranteed success. Babs has creative writing skills and helping people to get certified on first try.