So much has been written about how you can drive traffic to your sites using social media and SEO content but the articles themselves have very low rankings on search engine. There is, however, some truth about what they write. You can actually mix SEO content and Social media to rise up the search engine ladder so that you are the first to be visible.
Attracting Traffic With SEO Content
Before you attempt to climb the ranking ladder, know a few relevant things.
The domain name (TLD) and the content should match. So, if your site is about cars and the domain name is something like “aboutcars.com” or similar, the content matches the name, it has relevant pictures and the pages are linked properly, then Google will take your site up the rankings. The result will be that when someone is searching for cars, your page will be at #1. Of course, don’t forget the content.
Now, being more specific, if your content is about ‘fast, small cars,’ and you are using appropriate keywords, your domain name and images are related to these keywords, then reaching the top ranking will be easy. You can find more information about Adwords here and hire a specialized team to handle it for you without spending exorbitant amount of money.
Remember, to be on the list of PR9 sites, your content and domain name have to match, your site should have relevant images and you should interlink content internally to each other.
Now that you know the basics, read on to know how you can tie up social media with SEO to target traffic.
Attracting Traffic With Social Media
To attract traffic with social media, you will need accounts on various social networking sites. Before you rush to create accounts, figure out which site is going to help you. An account on Facebook will not help you as it is not linked to Google results. However, Google Plus accounts, and other blogs are implemented in those results. So, bring them all together in the following ways –
1. Ensure That Your Site Is Listed – To make sure that your site appears in Google, submit the XML sitemap of your website through Google XML Sitemap or through its suggestion tool available on its site.
2. Create Excellent Content – Now, write great and relevant content that has relevant and suggestive keywords and phrases but don’t stuff your content with keywords. That is spamming and will result in your site being pushed at the back. While you are writing content, also remember to link it to old articles, so that you create a chain.
3. Create Facebook Page With Your Domain Name – Create a Fan page on Facebook using the domain name and include your URL link in the content so that interested people can reach you easily.
4. Create Content Using Facebook Link – Since your Facebook link has your domain name, optimize it now in the same way as you build links. Create content that is interlinked to your Facebook profile i.e. the keyword on the fan page.
5. Engage Fans – Having fans on the Facebook page is not going to help you much unless you engage with them. Talk to them using images, movies and other things to keep them interested. You can even stream your blog through this fan page.
6. Use LinkedIn – LinkedIn is another site for increasing professional network. Connect all social media accounts to your LinkedIn profile and take network suggestions from other users.
Targeting traffic on your page takes a lot of time and it needs patience. Work your way up slowly so that your site appears on PR9 and becomes popular. Create great content and interlink it to your FB account. Compel people to come back to your site.