I have been creating and sharing this Facebook update status via iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia 3310, etc tricks for a couple of months now. And now I think it’s about time for me to reveal it to all of you so that you can create your very own and personalized Facebook trick. The good thing about this trick is you can update your own wall with any status using any devices or whatever you have on your mind even if you don’t really have it. Let’s say if you want to update your Facebook wall status via Blackberry, it is so easy even in real life you don’t have the real thing. If you want to give it a shot, try checking out my post about this Facebook updating tricks.
Please be informed that I will start now to check and fix the Facebook update status tricks code because there’s a new set. Thanks you for your continuous support.
-Update: 9:02 AM GMT+8 7/13/2012
Isn’t it cool?!
So now, I will teach you how to create your own trick. First of all, here are the things that you’ll need for this trick:
- Eyes for reading this instructions;
- Hands for typing/encoding the codes that I will be sharing;
- Your computer with Internet Connection;
- And of course, a legitimate and registered Facebook account;
It’s now time for us to get started. If you have been reading my posts before, I showed you how to enable your Facebook Timeline and along with that instructions you’ll need to create your own Facebook app. We will need to do the same thing here. You need to create your own personalized and unique Facebook app.
For this demonstration, I will create a new application named SpeakToIt – the Virtual assistant for Android.
Creating Your Own Facebook Application
– You need to login first onto your Facebook account;
– Then on the Search field, type “Facebook Developers”;
– Then click on “Create New App”;
– A pop-up window will open and will be asking you to fill the “App Display Name:” and “App Namespace:” then click the Continue button
– Now the next window will be the Security check to verify that you’re not a spammer just copy what’s on the captcha window then click on Submit;
– Now you’re almost done just fill the information and images you wish and then click on Save Changes;
– On my screenshot below I am done with my SpeakToit Facebook app;
– Now, you need to open your Notepad application or any HTML editor. If you’re not that familiar with the code, just take note of the following basic code:
<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>My own Facebook Trick</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P> <a href="http://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=<appID>&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fapps%2Fapplication.php%3Fid%3D<appID>&amp" target="_blank"> via Android SpeakToIt</a> </P> </BODY> </HTML>
Notice the clause “<appID>“, you need just need to replace it with the App ID you created and for this example it’s 299430206734040.
This time the code will be:
<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>My own Facebook Trick</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P> <a href="http://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed?app_id=299430206734040&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fapps%2Fapplication.php%3Fid%3D299430206734040&amp" target="_blank"> via Android SpeakToIt</a> </P> </BODY> </HTML>
Here’s a screenshot of saving the code above into HTML and below it is the sample output.
Now, before you click the link you need to ensure that you’re still connected to your Facebook account. Here’s an example output:
I hope you all enjoy this tutorial and if there’s anything unclear, just slap me..