The beauty of Microsoft programs is the flexibility of importing or exporting important documents from them. All the tools of Microsoft Office like Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft access synchronize well with each other and it’s quite easy to import and export documents between them in a simplistic way.
The insertion of documents into the powerpoint slides that support linked and inserted objects into the presentation is quite easy. It is also not very important for the user to re edit the info used in the imported documents to make it available for the Powerpoint presentation. The insertion of an excel chart into a presentation is also quite easy and manageable. The import of charts into a presentation is so easy that it can be done in a matter of a few clicks.
The important thing to keep in mind while inserting an object or a document in a Powerpoint slide is that the document/ object should be either linked or embedded. The reason for linking the object is that, doing this the data is automatically stored in the source document. In other words, whenever the data is edited or updated in the source document, it also automatically updates itself in the presentation. This facilitates an easy working and the user does not have to update the data twice. Linking of the data is also useful in the way that it helps to maintain the info available I the presentation up to date and fresh plus it keeps the size of presentation to a very low figure. This utilizes the space used by the presentation. While linking and embedding the objects, a copy of those objects can also be created in the destination presentation. This helps to update the info in the final document based on the changes made in the original document.
- The first step is to identify the slide where the user needs to insert the object, which is an excel chart in this case.
- The next step requires the user to simply click on the Insert tab which is available on the Ribbon tab.
- In the text group of ribbon, the user is supposed to select the object button.
- In order to create a new excel chart, the user must simply click on Create New Radio button. This is followed by the selection of the type of chart user wants and then clicking on OK.
- The next step requires the user to click on the Create from File radio button and then click on OK. This facilitates the insertion of excel chart into the powerpoint slide.
- Go to the browse button to find the location of the file the user needs to insert into the powerpoint presentation.
- Click OK.
- The last step requires the user to create a link for the imported chart, for that purpose the user has to click on the Link Box.
- Click Ok.
About the Author - Kuldeep is a freelance writer who recommends you to checkout PowerPoint themes like IT Powerpoint template in case you’re looking for attractive PowerPoint templates for your presentation.