WhatsApp is the coolest messenger app available at the moment. Though it is not the only messenger app available still it is considered as one of the most sorted out an app for carrying out a smooth conversation with people all across the globe. It has crossed the 500 million registered users already and the number is still on the rise. If you haven’t tried it yet, then go ahead and download WhatsApp for your phone now – it’s absolutely free. It is available on every platform, including that of Symbian, Nokia and Java apart from that of the regular ones like the Android, Blackberry and iOS devices. Furthermore, WhatsApp for PC Download is now also available unofficially. Here we will be discussing 5 cool tricks and tips that will be highly useful for the users.
- Restoring or backing up the chats – Though there is an automatic backup option available, but in case you want to do it manually, then you can make use of the manual backup or restore option available in there. In order to do that you have to go to Settings, then to chat settings and finally select the backup conversation and the conversation will be saved.
- Important contacts through shortcuts – There are some numbers that are important and you need to converse with them often. So, by pressing the contact for long you will get a pop up where you have to select add conversation on the menu for the shortcut and you will have the shortcut ready on your home screen.
- Extend the trial period – The app is only free for a year and then you will have to pay $0.99 per year to use its services. But, if you want to extend the period, then you will have to first delete your account permanently 1 week prior to the end of the trial period. Now, uninstall the app, from the mobile first and then reinstall it again. Again create a new account and you will be able to enjoy it for another year without paying any charges.
- Password protect your WhatsApp account – Sometimes there are certain messages that you don’t want anybody else to view and for that it is important that you keep it password protected. In order to keep your account password protected you will have to use the third party app for that. WhatsApp doesn’t come with in- built lock feature and that is the reason you have to look outside for help in this regard.
- Fake conversation created in WhatsApp – This is surely a cool feature to impress your friends because in here you will be able to create a fake conversation with some celebrity and show it to your friends. In order to do this successfully, you will have to take the help of WhatSaid app, which is available and create a funny conversation between your account and the celebrity account to boast of the closeness with big names. You can even pull up a trick on your friend by creating a conversation with his name. When he will deny that he hasn’t said such thing you can pull up the conversation and show it to him.